Friday 28 February 2014

Soundtrack



This soundtrack was titled 'Redletter' and we felt it was ideal as it appeared dark, but was subtle up until the end where the murder will happen. It signified to the audience the genre of the film as it appeared threatening and suspenseful. However I did not feel the end matched the end of our Thriller opening and therefore I overlapped it with another soundtrack.



I liked the middle section of this soundtrack where it reminded me of the soundtrack in Psycho and therefore would be an inter-textual reference. The sharp, short repetitive sounds mimicked the murder scene which was appropriate to create more of a tense cliffhanger. The combination of these two soundtracks then created a subtle but ominous atmosphere which transformed into a suspenseful and thrilling end.


http://soundbible.com/1479-Splitting-Wood.html
In order to make the murder scene more believable, I decided that a hitting sound was required. This was the one that went most with the action and therefore was a good choice. I had to slow the speed in order to be in sync with the murder in order to make it appear diegetic and as if it was the actual sound made.


1 comment:

  1. Some useful research and explanation here. Well done Chloe for posting this. I like the sound effect of the to emphasise the attack!

    ReplyDelete